We process your personal data in compliance with the “GDPR” (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC).
The data controller is Transeo AISBL, an international non-profit association with registered office at Avenue Maurice Destenay, 13 – 4000 Liège, Belgium, registered with the Crossroad Bank for Enterprises under number 0832.951.569, RPM Liège (“Transeo”).
Processing of personal data
We only process personal data you provide us with directly in the application form for Transeo membership. We only use your personal data fairly and when we have a lawful reason to do so. You will find below a list of ways that we use your personal data:
- to assess your application for Transeo membership;
- to give you access to online tools;
- to allow the payment of Transeo membership fees;
- to allow persons under the authority of Transeo to communicate with you by phone, post or e-mail;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations including fraud and crime prevention and deal with any issue or complaint;
- to fulfil legal tax, accounting, auditing and reporting obligations to the Walloon authorities;
- to evaluate the missions entrusted to Transeo by the Walloon Government in order to support SMEs;
- to provide news and information services including e-mail briefings and newsletters and to invite you to events that we and our partners, including companies of the Sowalfin Group, organise;
- to issue reports of Transeo’s work under the form of digital reports or videos to promote Transeo & its activities.
Processing with purposes (i) to (iv) is necessary for the performance of a membership agreement or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a membership agreement. Processing with purposes (v) and (vi) is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Transeo is subject. Processing with purpose (vii) is necessary for the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest. Processing with purposes (viii) and (ix) are based on your consent and our legitimate interest to promote our services where it is appropriate and relevant to our business relationship with you. You have the right to withdraw your consent for purposes (viii) and (ix) at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before such withdrawal or based on our legitimate interest or that is necessary for the performance of a tasks carried out in the public interest.
Your personal data is accessed by the persons under the authority of Transeo responsible for processing your application and coordinate the Transeo community. We do not share it with third parties except as described below:
- to the Members of Transeo’s Board of Directors to assess the membership application;
- to BPOST, DHL or any other postal services offering similar security and confidentiality guarantees for the delivery of mail;
- to tax and social administrations and regional entities in charge of reporting and control in matters such as budget;
- to external advisors (lawyers, auditors, consultants…);
- to suppliers such as computer and software service providers or event organisers and partners;
- to law enforcement and regulatory authorities;
- to other third parties when you have consented to us doing so, notably as being a member of Transeo AISBL.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we collected it, or to comply with any legal, regulatory or reporting obligations.
We will only transfer your personal data outside of the European region where the transfer is to a country or other territory which has been assessed by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data; or with your consent; or on the basis that the transfer is compliant with the GDPR and other applicable laws.
Rights of data subjects
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing concerning your data. You also have the right to object to processing of your data as well as the right to data portability as set by the GDPR.
If you wish to make a request, please contact us (i) by post at Transeo AISBL, Avenue Maurice Destenay, 13 – 4000 Liège, Belgium, to the attention of the Data Protection Officer or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (ii) using the GDPR Application Form available on our website www.transeo-association.eu. We will require you to provide satisfactory proof of your identity in order to ensure that your rights are respected and protected. This is to ensure that your personal data is disclosed only to you.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, please send a letter or an e-mail to our Data Protection Officer (email@example.com). We will make every effort to bring you satisfaction. You may also ask for further information or lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. »